Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pre-Eating while Pre-Heating

Okay, get the frozen pizza out, rip this useless box apart...fuck, I hate the plastic wrap they put around these things.  How hot does the oven need to be?  Where's that box?  Got it.  450° Fahrenheit.  Seems a bit high to me, but whatever.  Pizza on the tray, and here we go--

DAMN IT.  It's going to take forever to pre-heat, not to mention the actual cooking time.


My Dad's advice would probably be something along the lines of "You should have pre-heated the oven earlier" or some other extremely helpful comment, and he's absolutely right.  I should have started that oven before I knew I wanted pizza.  That's obvious.  However, I've managed to find another solution, and it's pretty much self-explanatory:

Pre-eating while pre-heating.


Lazy bastards
Prep that pizza and start the pre-heating process, but then it's time for a snack.  Go for something that can be quickly prepared or doesn't require preparation at all (that's how we got into this whole mess to begin with).  I recommend something to contrast the flavors and textures of the pizza, something like a salad (just kidding).

Worried about spoiling your meal by pre-eating?  It's a frozen pizza!  What the hell is wrong with you?  Even if you can't finish the pizza (like if there's an emergency or you get distracted by an even bigger pizza), few foods stay as well as pizza does in the refrigerator.  I actually enjoy cold pizza, especially in the morning.

If you're serious about upping your intake game, then you'll want to start applying Food Moves broadly.  We've been talking pizza today, but you can pull this move whenever you're pre-heating the oven...or waiting for anything, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment